ANA achieves 5-Star rating for 3rd consecutive year
For the third consecutive year, Japan’s ANA All Nippon Airways has been certified as a 5-Star Airline by SKYTRAX, the international air transport rating organisation.
The award recognises the consistently high levels of service provided by ANA to customers at all stages of their flight, from the airport to the cabin.
It also recognises the ongoing improvements to service quality that ANA has implemented to meet the needs of its increasingly international customer base. ANA is committed to maintaining and improving its standards as the airline continues to expand its business operations and take advantage of the additional international routes at Haneda Airport from spring 2014.
Only six other airlines across the globe hold this 5-Star rating and ANA is the only Japanese airline to hold this award.
Service improvements include:
- The launch of ‘DINING h’, a new restaurant inside the ANA SUITE LOUNGE at the Haneda Airport international terminal. This offers the first-ever restaurant dining service by ANA at an airport lounge in Japan.
- Expansion of ANA’s in-flight entertainment channels (movies, audio and other channels), exceeding 300 channels in December 2014 and providing more channels than any other Japanese airline with a variety of languages.
- ANA has also welcomed four new members, including two foreign chefs, to The Connoisseurs team, to provide an even larger range of in-flight meal options. ANA has also developed new in-flight menus in collaboration with well-known overseas hotels to improve the quality of in-flight meals on flights departing from overseas airports to Japan.
- The Tastes of JAPAN by ANA project continues to develop, incorporating ingredients from 17 Japanese prefectures into in-flight meals and lounge cuisine, contributing to the promotion of tourism to Japan and economic growth in Japan’s regions by advertising the appeal of destinations across the country.
- Following extensive customer feedback at both check-in and within airport lounges, ANA has improved staff training and adapted its services to best meet customer needs.
- In addition to mandatory English-language training for all ANA cabin attendants, phrase books in additional languages have been introduced to improve on-board communication with international passengers.
About Skytrax Airline Rating
World Airline Rating is the global airline quality ranking programme operated by Skytrax, the international air transport rating organisation and a leading authority on airline quality standards. Certified Airline Ratings classify airlines by the quality of front-line product and staff service they provide to customers, and are recognised as a global benchmark of airline standards. Established in 1989, Skytrax is based in London, United Kingdom.
Using an internationally recognised evaluation system to assess quality, Skytrax provide the world airline industry with a professional, unified Quality classification system that is an established and respected symbol of airline standards.
Certified Airline Rating is based on in-depth quality analysis of an airline’s customer-facing Product and Service standards, with a well-established approach providing accuracy, and an objective ranking system using global quality measurements.
As part of the process to determine and award an Airline Star Rating, Skytrax carry out detailed Quality analysis across up to 800 different areas of airline product and service delivery for the on-board and home-base Airport environments. Certified Airline Ratings are not related to any type of customer reviews or passenger surveys.